PQE: minimum 2 years
Permanent job vacancy | Full time | Competitive salary (plus excellent benefits)
Is this the start of your Capital Law journey?
Working nationally and internationally from our base in Wales, we offer all the legal services that a trading organisation needs.
We also have a consultancy business, Capital People , that specialises in HR and Health & Safety. We work with businesses of all sizes—from large corporations to those just starting up—across the private, public, and third sectors.
Working within the Construction team
Our Construction, Energy and Projects team is gaining increasing industry recognition as leaders in the field. We’re looking to expand with a well-rounded construction lawyer.
We deal with projects of all shapes and sizes and our services are bespoke to our client’s needs. We have extensive sector knowledge and advise clients including Welsh Government, Associated British Ports, Bridgend College, Arup, The Royal Mint, Dragon LNG, Development Bank of Wales, Intelle Construction, and Ricardo.
- minimum 2 years PQE within a reputable construction team
- experience of handling a range of contentious and non-contentious construction related matters
- excellent knowledge and understanding of construction related legislation and recent case law
- excellent written and oral communication skills, clear written presentation, strong organisational skills, good time management, good initiative and problem-solving ability
- the experience, confidence and initiative to take responsibility for handling your own cases and discreet parts of larger cases with minimal supervision
- technically competent and commercially aware
- team-focused with a flexible and collaborative approach to working with others, but also able to work alone
- a strong client focused approach with plenty of drive and enthusiasm to help us to provide an excellent client service
You will be able to:
- work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, tackle tough decisions and present innovative ways to help clients
- adhere to internal procedures and systems of Capital including file / case management, time recording, WIP management
- keep up to date with law and practice as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
- maintain high standards of professional conduct while generating required practice income
- ensuring that the fees earned sufficiently exceed total costs and expenses incurred.
If you’re looking for a career where your ideas are welcomed, and the chance to make a significant contribution to the business, we’d like to hear from you.
In return, we offer:
- a competitive salary: dependent upon experience, will be discussed at interview.
- career development opportunities: we’re a fast-growing and ambitious firm. We understand that to fulfil our potential, we need to fulfil that of all our employees, and our training and career development programme is very high on the agenda.
- health and wellbeing: subsidised virtual yoga, virtual wellbeing events and our ‘Time to Move’ scheme, offering our staff an hour a week to simply get away from their desks.
- benefits: pension scheme, comprehensive health plan, option to buy/sell annual leave, recognition scheme, recruitment referral scheme.
- making life easier: we offer a flexible and grown up approach to work, acknowledging that we need to be flexible with our staff, now more than ever.
We are an equal opportunities employer aiming for diversity in our workforce.