Permanent – Full time
Are we the business for you?
Capital is a growing business; we are a commercial law firm and a consultancy business with headquarters in Cardiff and offices in London and Paris. Working with clients across the country and around the world, we have developed a distinctive organisation, providing the highest quality services across the private, public, and third sectors. We aim to be exceptional, both in the way we work and in the combination of our services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate to join our thriving corporate team in Cardiff.
We have a large team, comprising 13 qualified lawyers (supported by trainees and paralegals) and are consistently at the top of Experian’s Welsh deal list, ranked tier 1 in the Legal 500. We have been shortlisted for Regional Legal Adviser of the Year at the prestigious Private Equity Awards for the last three years.
The Corporate Team
The Corporate team’s main focus is on M&A and Private Equity transactions; we handle complex and high-value matters, and our clients are generally based in London, but also across the UK and internationally. We have offices in Cardiff, London, and Paris. We work flexibly and team members work from home and/or from either of our offices.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for a highly motivated corporate lawyer with recent and relevant experience working on corporate transactions. You will be a strong team player and comfortable working on complex and varied deals.
If you’re looking for a career where your ideas are welcomed, and you have the chance to make a significant contribution to the business, we’d like to hear from you.
In return, we offer
- flexible working: you will have the ability to work between home and the office as required.
- health and wellbeing: subsidised in-person and virtual yoga, wellbeing events and our ‘Time to Move’ scheme, offering colleagues time to simply get away from their desks.
- career development opportunities: we are a fast-growing and ambitious firm. We appreciate and value your ambition, too. We offer promotion opportunities twice a year, supported by a robust and supportive career development framework.
- excellent rewards and benefits: competitive pension scheme, comprehensive health plan, life assurance, option to buy/sell annual leave, recognition scheme, cycle to work scheme, 1x a week Chiropractor onsite, Chef onsite – free lunch on Mondays and Tuesdays, shower facilities onsite, regular social events, and lots more
- a great location and working environment: Cardiff is a fantastic place to live and work. Our office, in the city centre, is right in the middle of it all, yet only a short drive from some of the best of the Welsh countryside.
We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment. We encourage equality and diversity, and treat all job applicants and colleagues fairly — regardless of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion or any religious or cultural beliefs, marital status and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity. We have no tolerance for discrimination.
Here, we can be ourselves, succeed on merit, and grow with people from all walks of life.
If you are interested in applying to this role please click the ‘Apply Now‘ button, stating the role you wish to apply to, attaching a CV & Cover Letter to your email.