Permanent – Full time
Is this the start of your Capital Law journey?
We are a firm of international lawyers and consultants, based in Cardiff, with offices in London and Paris. We recruit excellent lawyers who provide practical legal advice.
We act for financial institutions, investors, companies and private individuals from all over the world. We help them with all aspects of corporate, financial and commercial law that relate to doing business in the UK, including commercial disputes, employment and immigration, regulatory issues, intellectual property and real estate.
Capital Law started in 2006 and we now have 100 qualified lawyers and consultants. We are dynamic, diverse, and experienced people, who understand the nuances of helping our clients do business in the UK and around the world and we are committed to delivering the highest standard of service.
Working within the Real Estate team
The Property team’s core work comes from an excellent reputation with major developers and occupiers, energy projects, and in the education and public sectors. We aim to be one of the leading property departments in Wales ranked tier 1 by the Legal 500 and Chambers. Our growth will primarily come from existing clients, as we identify what more we can do to help them develop. There will also be a targeted marketing campaign to help identify and attract new clients. We know that clients in the construction or energy sectors often need property advice too. We will build on this experience by targeting companies in the sector, working closely with the construction, energy & projects team.
We’re looking for a highly experienced and dedicated real estate lawyer who will provide a variety of transaction-handling and advisory services to clients operating in a range of sectors.
- 7+ years post-qualification experience
- extensive experience of practicing commercial property law
- to understand the importance of client relationships and have experience of creating, or strengthening, client relationships
- to be technically competent and commercially aware
- excellent written and oral communication skills, clear written presentation, strong organisational skills, good time management, good initiative, and problem-solving ability
- to be team-focused with a flexible and collaborative approach to working with others, but also able to work alone
- a strong client focused approach with plenty of drive and enthusiasm to help us to provide an excellent client service
- to travel regularly to London and Cardiff to visit clients and colleagues
You will be able to
- play a key role in building and maintaining client relationships
- supervise and support the development of junior lawyers
- work effectively under pressure to tackle tough decisions and present innovative ways to help clients
- adhere to internal procedures and systems of Capital including file / case management, time recording, WIP management
- keep up to date with law and practice as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
maintain high standards of professional conduct while generating required practice income
If you’re looking for a career where your ideas are welcomed, and the chance to make a significant contribution to the business, we’d like to hear from you.
In return, we offer
- flexible working: you will have the ability to work between home and the office as required.
- health and wellbeing: subsidised in-person and virtual yoga, wellbeing events and our ‘Time to Move’ scheme, offering colleagues time to simply get away from their desks.
- career development opportunities: we are a fast-growing and ambitious firm. We appreciate and value your ambition, too. We offer promotion opportunities twice a year, supported by a robust and supportive career development framework.
- excellent rewards and benefits: competitive pension scheme, comprehensive health plan, life assurance, option to buy/sell annual leave, recognition scheme, cycle to work scheme, 1x a week Chiropractor onsite, Chef onsite – free lunch on Mondays and Tuesdays, shower facilities onsite, regular social events, and lots more
- a great location and working environment: Cardiff is a fantastic place to live and work. Our office, in the city centre, is right in the middle of it all, yet only a short drive from some of the best of the Welsh countryside.
We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment. We encourage equality and diversity, and treat all job applicants and colleagues fairly — regardless of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion or any religious or cultural beliefs, marital status and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity. We have no tolerance for discrimination.
Here, we can be ourselves, succeed on merit, and grow with people from all walks of life.
If you are interested in applying to this role please click the ‘Apply Now‘ button, stating the role you wish to apply to, attaching a CV & Cover Letter to your email.