Permanent – Full time
Are we the business for you?
We are a firm of international lawyers and consultants, based in Cardiff, with offices in London and Paris. We recruit excellent lawyers who provide practical legal advice.
We act for financial institutions, investors, companies, and private individuals from all over the world. We help them with all aspects of corporate, financial, and commercial law that relate to doing business in the UK, including commercial disputes, employment and immigration, regulatory issues, intellectual property, and real estate.
Capital Law started in 2006 and we now have 100 qualified lawyers and consultants. We are dynamic, diverse, and experienced people, who understand the nuances of helping our clients do business in the UK and around the world and we are committed to delivering the highest standard of service.
Working within the Corporate & Commercial team
We are one of the largest corporate and commercial teams based in Wales, consistently towards the top of Experian’s Welsh deal list, and ranked tier 1 in the Legal 500. Our focus is to develop our reputation nationally as an expert and cost-effective practice. We also want to be recognised for our ability to work alongside senior teams of major businesses, and particularly their in-house lawyers.
The candidate will need to have a good knowledge and experience of contract and commercial law and the role will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial legal documents
- Advising clients in person, by email and phone on a variety of commercial matters
- Delivering presentations and training to clients on commercial law topics including protection of IP, data protection and e-commerce compliance
- Providing commercial, IP and IT support in relation to Corporate due diligence processes
- Providing general commercial, IP and IT support to colleagues across the firm
- Providing data protection advice and support to colleagues across the firm
You will be able to:
- adhere to internal procedures and systems of Capital including file / case management, time recording, WIP Management
- attend internal training and external training as and when required.
- keep up to date with law and practice.
- read journals and attend courses as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
- maintain high standards of professional conduct while generating required practice income.
- ensuring that the fees earned sufficiently exceed total costs and expenses incurred.
- Maintaining high standards of professional conduct.
- Complying with procedures set out in the Practice Manual, professional standards and any requirement set by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)
- Complying with internal procedures and systems including file/case management, time recording, WIP management
- Attending training to develop excellence in the relevant practice area. Keeping up to date with developments in the law and practice and sharing responsibility for delivering updates to the team.
- Complying with continuing competence requirements.
- Upholding the Company values.
- Qualified Lawyer – 3+ years PQE – within a reputable law firm
- supervise and support the development of junior lawyers.
- Commercially aware and technically competent
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, clear written presentation, strong organisational skills, good time management, good initiative, and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight
- Team-focused with a flexible and collaborative approach to working with others, but also able to work alone on own initiative.
- Client focused approach – drive, enthusiasm, and commitment to providing an excellent client service.
- Demonstrates the Company values.
In return, we offer.
- flexible working: you will have the ability to work between home and the office as required.
- health and wellbeing: subsidised in-person and virtual yoga, wellbeing events and our ‘Time to Move’ scheme, offering colleagues time to simply get away from their desks.
- career development opportunities: we are a fast-growing and ambitious firm. We appreciate and value your ambition, too. We offer promotion opportunities twice a year, supported by a robust and supportive career development framework.
- excellent rewards and benefits: competitive pension scheme, comprehensive health plan, life assurance, option to buy/sell annual leave, recognition scheme, cycle to work scheme, 1x a week Chiropractor onsite, Chef onsite – free lunch on Mondays and Tuesdays, shower facilities onsite, regular social events, and lots more.
- a great location and working environment: Cardiff is a fantastic place to live and work. Our office, in the city centre, is right in the middle of it all, yet only a short drive from some of the best of the Welsh countryside.
We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment. We encourage equality and diversity and treat all job applicants and colleagues fairly — regardless of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion or any religious or cultural beliefs, marital status and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity. We have no tolerance for discrimination.
Here, we can be ourselves, succeed on merit, and grow with people from all walks of life.