Permanent – Full time
Is this the start of your Capital Law journey?
We are a firm of international lawyers and consultants, based in Cardiff, with offices in London and Paris. We recruit excellent lawyers who provide practical legal advice.
We act for financial institutions, investors, companies and private individuals from all over the world. We help them with all aspects of corporate, financial and commercial law, including commercial disputes, employment and immigration, regulatory issues, intellectual property and real estate.
Capital Law started in 2006 and we now have 100 qualified lawyers and consultants. We are dynamic, diverse, and experienced people, who understand the nuances of helping our clients do business in the UK and around the world and we are committed to delivering the highest standard of service.
Working within the Employment and Immigration team
Our Employment and Immigration team works on some of the most complex cases in the UK. Our team is the largest and leading provider of employment law services based in Wales with an increasing presence in London (thanks to our office in Holborn) and beyond. With 26 fee earners, we demonstrate excellence in our core specialisms of litigation (claimant and respondent), employment investigations, business immigration, corporate transactional support, and data protection as well as core HR advice and projects. Growth has always come from a focused and targeted approach, both to current clients and new ones. Our team members are encouraged to dictate their own business plans, whether that means feeding into an existing plan, or identifying new opportunities.
On this occasion, we are looking for an individual who has experience of and a desire to undertake both employment litigation and employment investigations. For litigation we need someone who can take a case from ET1/ET3, navigating all and any case management directions and client concerns including working with counsel to a final hearing. Whilst advocacy experience may be helpful, it is not essential. For employment investigations we are looking for experience of undertaking complex investigations involving gathering and assessing of evidence, interviewing witnesses and compiling detailed reports, as well as supervising others working on the same. We are looking for a self motivated individual, with an attention to detail who works well both as part of a team and as a sole independent investigator.
- 1-4 years post-qualification experience or equivalent relevant pre-qualification experience.
- excellent written and oral communication skills, clear written presentation, strong organisational skills, good time management, good initiative and problem-solving ability;
- to be technically competent and commercially aware;
- a flexible and collaborative approach to working with others. You will be a team player with a strong client focused approach and have plenty of drive and enthusiasm to help us to provide an excellent client service; and
- to be capable of working effectively under pressure and using own initiative to tackle tough decisions and present innovative ways to help clients.
Our Employment team is central to our relationship with many of our key clients across a range of sectors. This role offers an exciting opportunity to play a key part in the ongoing development, growth, and success of the team and the firm. Business development is actively encouraged and supported at all levels.
If you’re looking for a career where your ideas are welcomed, and the chance to make a significant contribution to the business, we’d like to hear from you.
In return, we offer
- flexible working: you will have the ability to work between home and the office as required.
- health and wellbeing: subsidised in-person and virtual yoga, wellbeing events and our ‘Time to Move’ scheme, offering colleagues time to simply get away from their desks.
- career development opportunities: we are a fast-growing and ambitious firm. We appreciate and value your ambition, too. We offer promotion opportunities twice a year, supported by a robust and supportive career development framework.
- excellent rewards and benefits: competitive pension scheme, comprehensive health plan, life assurance, option to buy/sell annual leave, recognition scheme, cycle to work scheme, 1x a week Chiropractor onsite, Chef onsite – free lunch on Mondays and Tuesdays, shower facilities onsite, regular social events, and lots more
- a great location and working environment: Cardiff is a fantastic place to live and work. Our office, in the city centre, is right in the middle of it all, yet only a short drive from some of the best of the Welsh countryside.
We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment. We encourage equality and diversity, and treat all job applicants and colleagues fairly — regardless of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion or any religious or cultural beliefs, marital status and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity. We have no tolerance for discrimination.
Here, we can be ourselves, succeed on merit, and grow with people from all walks of life.
If you are interested in applying to this role please click the ‘Apply Now‘ button, stating the role you wish to apply to, attaching a CV & Cover Letter to your email.