Permanent | Full time
Is this the start of your Capital Law journey?
We are a firm of international lawyers and consultants, based in Cardiff, with offices in London and Paris. We recruit excellent lawyers who provide practical legal advice.
We act for financial institutions, investors, companies and private individuals from all over the world. We help them with all aspects of corporate, financial and commercial law that relate to doing business in the UK, including commercial disputes, employment and immigration, regulatory issues, intellectual property and real estate.
Working within the Employment and Immigration team
Our Employment and Immigration team is the largest and leading provider of employment law services based in Wales with an increasing presence in London (thanks to our office in Holborn) and beyond. With 20 fee earners, in addition to day to day employment support, we demonstrate excellence in our core specialisms of corporate transactional support, data protection, HR investigations, litigation (claimant and respondent) and business immigration. Growth has always come from a focused and targeted approach to both current and new clients. Our team members are encouraged to dictate their own business plans, whether that means feeding into an existing plan, or identifying new opportunities.
On this occasion, we are looking for an employment lawyer with corporate transactional and non-contentious experience, and a desire to continue with this work. You would be working within our well established corporate support team, supporting our growing Corporate team. The successful candidate will not only work on corporate transactional matters, but will also provide general employment advice, assist with drafting and advising on employment documents and work with senior lawyers on project work including collective consultation and TUPE transfers. Whilst you may be involved in litigation work, this is not the main focus of the role. Experience of business immigration law and global mobility, or a desire to learn about these areas would be advantageous, but is not an absolute requirement.
- 3 years’ plus post-qualification experience;
- experience of corporate support and a desire to continue doing this type of work;
- excellent written and oral communication skills, clear written presentation, strong organisational skills, good time management, good initiative and problem-solving ability;
- technical competence and commercial awareness;
- a flexible and collaborative approach to working with others. You will be a team player with a strong client focused approach and have plenty of drive and enthusiasm to help us to provide an excellent client service; and
- to be capable of working effectively under pressure and using your own initiative to tackle tough decisions, and present innovative ways to help clients.
Our Employment team is central to our relationship with many of our key clients across a range of sectors. This role offers an exciting opportunity to play a key part in the ongoing development, growth, and success of the team and the firm. Business development is actively encouraged and supported at all levels.
If you’re looking for a career where your ideas are welcomed, and the chance to make a significant contribution to the business, we’d like to hear from you.
In return, we offer
- flexible working:you will have the ability to work between home and the office as required.
- health and wellbeing:subsidised in-person and virtual yoga, wellbeing events and our ‘Time to Move’ scheme, offering colleagues time to simply get away from their desks.
- career development opportunities: we are a fast-growing and ambitious firm. We appreciate and value your ambition, too. We offer promotion opportunities twice a year, supported by a robust and supportive career development framework.
- excellent rewards and benefits:competitive pension scheme, comprehensive health plan, life assurance, option to buy/sell annual leave, recognition scheme, cycle to work scheme, 1x a week Chiropractor onsite, Chef onsite – free lunch on Mondays and Tuesdays, shower facilities onsite, regular social events, and lots more
- a great location and working environment:Cardiff is a fantastic place to live and work. Our office, in the city centre, is right in the middle of it all, yet only a short drive from some of the best of the Welsh countryside.
We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment. We encourage equality and diversity, and treat all job applicants and colleagues fairly — regardless of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion or any religious or cultural beliefs, marital status and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity. We have no tolerance for discrimination.
Here, we can be ourselves, succeed on merit, and grow with people from all walks of life.
If you are interested in applying to this role please click the ‘Apply Now‘ button, stating the role you wish to apply to, attaching a CV & Cover Letter to your email.