Permanent – Full time
Is this the start of your Capital Law journey?
Capital is a thriving business; we are a commercial law firm and consultancy with headquarters in Cardiff and offices in London and Paris. Working with clients across the country and around the world, we have cultivated a distinctive organisation, delivering the highest quality services across the private, public, and third sectors. Our goal is to be exceptional, not only in the way we work but also in the combination of services we offer.
We are currently seeking a HR Manager to join our HR Team here at Capital Law. As the firm’s HR Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running and development of the HR function, you will ensure the function is managed to the highest standard, through a hands-on approach, excellent attention to detail and a commitment to providing excellent service. You will play a significant role in raising the overall bar of HR.
If you’re an innovative thinker, enjoy driving change and want to be part of a business that values your input then we would love to hear from you.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assisting in developing and executing the HR plan, aiming for a high-quality HR service.
- Establishing and maintaining a robust HR infrastructure, ensuring efficient and effective systems and processes.
- Supervising HR administration to ensure accuracy and compliance with service standards.
- Managing payroll changes promptly and accurately in collaboration with the payroll team.
- Ensuring HR policies, processes, and practices comply with legal standards and implement necessary updates.
- Addressing a wide range of HR/people matters, including onboarding, career development, performance management, employee wellbeing, reward and recognition etc.
- Providing expert HR guidance and support to the management team.
- Strengthening employee engagement, retention, and continuous improvement through effective feedback processes.
- Fostering strong relationships across teams and ensure timely communication.
- Ensuring effectiveness of the Career Development program, offering support and guidance as necessary.
- Overseeing training and development efforts, including delivery of HR/People related training.
- Contributing to the development and execution of the Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion strategy.
- Developing and maintaining HR reporting and Management Information systems, implementing actions as needed.
- Managing HR expenditure within approved budgets.
- Supporting on various tasks, including leading and assisting with HR initiatives and projects.
What are we looking for from you?
- CIPD qualified
- Successful track record of managing a HR function.
- Experienced in managing and developing others.
- People orientated and results driven
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and adopting best practice
- Exceptional attention to detail and passion for excellence
- Excellent organisational, administrative and IT skills (Excel/Word/Powerpoint/HR systems)
- Experience of implementing/developing HR systems
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach, impressive work ethic, energy and commitment to delivering results
- Working well under pressure, with the ability to remain calm
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and influence at all levels
- Commercially aware with sound judgement
- Leading by example (role model), maintains confidentiality, and acts with discretion and diplomacy
In return, we offer:
- flexible working: you will have the ability to work between home and the office as required.
- health and wellbeing: subsidised in-person and virtual yoga, wellbeing events and our ‘Time to Move’ scheme, offering colleagues time to simply get away from their desks.
- career development opportunities: we are a fast-growing and ambitious firm. We appreciate and value your ambition, too.
- excellent rewards and benefits: competitive pension scheme, comprehensive health plan, life assurance, option to buy/sell annual leave, recognition scheme, cycle to work scheme, 1x a week Chiropractor onsite, Chef onsite – free lunch on Mondays and Tuesdays, shower facilities onsite, regular social events, and lots more.
- a great location and working environment: Cardiff is a fantastic place to live and work. Our office, in the city centre, is right in the middle of it all, yet only a short drive from some of the best of the Welsh countryside.
“We are committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment that encourages equality and diversity. We treat all job applicants and colleagues fairly, irrespective of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion or any religious or cultural beliefs, marital status and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and maternity. Discrimination is not tolerated in our workplace.”
Here, we can be ourselves, succeed on merit, and grow with people from all walks of life.
NB. Capital Law operates a PSL and will recruit via this should Agency assistance be required.
If you are interested in applying to this role please click the ‘Apply Now‘ button, stating the role you wish to apply to, attaching a CV & Cover Letter to your email.