Capital Law’s Media and Entertainment Team has a vast range of experience, specialist knowledge and key industry contacts enabling your productions to be ‘green lit’ and rights to be properly protected.
Our team includes former legal and business affairs advisers to the broadcasters S4C and ITV who are closely connected to the industry through board membership on industry bodies such as the Welsh Television Producers Association, Bafta in Wales and the Welsh Music Foundation.
We advise on all aspects of developing, funding, commissioning, transmitting and exploiting digital content and, capitalising on our in-house experience, combine a light touch with a thorough understanding of the needs of media businesses. Our services can be delivered from Capital Law’s offices in London and Cardiff, and bilingually in English and Welsh.
Areas of expertise include:
- Film and Television financing agreements
- Coproduction and distribution
- Transmission infrastructure including carriage, capacity and electronic programme guide arrangements on DTT, satellite and cable
- Broadcast compliance with Ofcom and BBC Codes
- Talent union negotiations and representation
- Music collection society agreements
- Music and other underlying rights clearances
- Book publishing
- App and website development, commissioning and publishing
- Sports and Events rights acquisition
Snapshot of our experience
We advised Rondo Media in the financing, co-production, broadcaster and distribution agreements for the BBC1 RTS Award winning series The Indian Doctor starring Sanjeev Bhaskar.
We advise independent television producers supplying television programmes and other content to Welsh language broadcaster S4C, including undertaking industrial relations on behalf of the production sector with talent unions and music societies.
We advised producers on the production and distribution of feature film ‘City Slacker’.