Brand management is of paramount importance to any business seeking to enhance and benefit from the goodwill which attaches to its name and reputation. After all, your brand is what makes your business stand out from your competition.
Many businesses are under the misapprehension that they have a legal right to use their brand name or business name just because they have a company registered in that name or a domain name with that name. This is not always the case and proactive steps normally have to be taken to protect your rights fully. Please do not assume that you have legal protection, it is always recommended that you check your rights.
A common mistake we see is when IP rights are controlled solely by one director, employee or PR agency for businesses. What happens if you fall out? Sometimes businesses are held to ransom by former employees/ directors/ suppliers because IP rights are registered in the wrong name or controlled by the wrong person.
Successful brand management and protection ultimately results in brand loyalty within the market place. We advise all of our clients to take appropriate measures to ensure their approach to brand management is appropriate for the aims and objectives of their particular business.
Capital Law’s IP experts specialise in brand management and are experienced in advising clients on the following:
- identifying key strategies for the successful management of your brand, within your budget
- securing Trademark and domain name protection
- development and protection of your Trademarks and domain names including brand names and logos
- exploiting your brand through the negotiation and drafting of:
- merchandising agreements
- franchise agreements
- sponsorship agreements
- media contracts
- taking action against third parties seeking to unlawfully benefit from your brand, including obtaining preventative injunctions through the Courts or domain name dispute resolution.