We are specialists in English and Welsh law. Some of our lawyers are qualified to advise in other jurisdictions (see Duncan Macintosh) although we don’t claim to advise across the board on other countries’ laws.
But we have a strong team of associates based all over the world who we trust enough to refer you to. They can give you the legal advice you need, wherever it is you need it.
Our Scottish associates, CCW LLP, are an extension of our team. Almost identical to us in size, business areas and culture, we rely on CCW to give our clients the best advice and support on their Scottish legal issues.
Through Consulegis, the international network of law firms, we are connected with more than 90 firms in 37 countries worldwide.
Members of the group must be able to satisfy the criteria of being independent, medium-sized, commercially minded and work to the highest professional standards.
We know and routinely recommend lawyers based in:
British Virgin Islands
United Arab Emirates
To find out more, contact Marlies Hoecherl
Examples of our international work include:
- commercial joint venture in Ghana for a UK company
- acting for German client in selling shares in UK company to German corporate entity
- advising a UK company in respect of dismissal of CEO of German subsidiary
- claim against a UK company on behalf of an Austrian client
- acquisitions of a development sites for a Korean investor which included complex syndicated finance
- appointing administrators over UK subsidiary on behalf of Dutch parent company
- negotiating, advising upon and drafting Licence Agreements, Distribution Agreements, IP assignments, in multiple jurisdictions
- acting on behalf of a European governmental body in a case involving trademark infringement by a UK plc.